Monday, February 16, 2009

YAY to Taken

From the moment I saw the trailer for this flick I was interested. Actually, I was hooked by one simple scene. Liam Neeson's chilling phone call with his daughter. I didn't need to see anything else. They had me at "They're going to take you." 

Now I don't know about you but I'd kind of given up on Liam Neeson. His teacher gone bad in Batman Begins was okay at best and his biggest role since then was as the voice of a computer-generated lion. Well check any pre-conceived notions at the snack bar because he is a bona fide badass in this movie. He'll do anything to get his daughter back which translates into a lot of lethal throat punching and shooting bad guys in the face. It's full of quick cuts and crazy action once it gets going ... but be warned. At the beginning of the movie, you will need to endure Maggie Grace's performance. She's 25 in real life but felt like the key to playing a 17-year old was to run around flailing like an 8-year old. It's a little embarrassing, but once she gets taken the fun begins so stick with it. 

So YAY to you Taken. You lived up to your trailer and then some. Good luck at the box office against Jason and those chick flicks.

1 comment:

  1. It was pretty great - and filled to the brim with ass-kickery. There's something so satisfying about a dude just beating everyone to a mess. I guess that's the Seagal factor.

    ReplyDelete