Tuesday, February 10, 2009

NAY to the common cold

There it is folks. The rhinovirus in all of its cute and cuddly glory. Don't be fooled though. This nasty microbe is a total asshole that would love nothing more than to ruin your day. Planning on getting together with friends? Prepare yourself to be treated like a leper and that's only if this little guy doesn't knock you on your ass so hard that all you want to do is stay home and lay in a fetal position under 5 blankets for a few days. Planning on going to work? Get ready to embarass yourself in front of co-workers while you try to dab at that constant stream of snot flowing down your face. Not a pretty picture. 

Big business is making billions off of cold remedies but I'll be damned if any of them work as effectively as they promise. If I want a horrible tasting way to chase away a cough, I'm guessing I've got an equally good chance with a glass of scotch as I do with a dose of Buckley's. And why do we have the medical technology to grow 8 babies simultaneously in one woman but no answer for this giant worldwide pain in the ass? Ridiculous.

So NAY to you common cold. I hope you're laughing it up but enjoy it while it lasts. The bird flu will steal your spotlight soon enough. You ain't bad. You ain't nothin'. YOU AIN'T NOTHIN'!

1 comment:

  1. Laddie, may I present to you the cure (or at least a really good remedy) for the common cold:
    - 1-2 ounces scotch or whiskey
    - 1 good squeeze fresh lemon juice
    - 1 big gloppy tablespoon honey
    - fill the rest of your mug with boiling water
    - down it while huddled in bed

    I promise, you'll wake up feeling like a new lad. Or at the very least, less like a lassie.

    ReplyDelete