Friday, February 13, 2009

YAY to Friday the 13th

I think Friday is generally considered to be a pretty kickass day by most folks out there. Especially if you work a traditional 5-day work week. Maybe religious people find it a bummer that Jesus died on a Friday but can you really blame the day for that? I don't think so. Plus, people say "Thank God it's Friday" all the time so at least the G-man's getting a shout out right? Don't forget there's a whole franchise of mediocre family restaurants that try to make it feel like Friday every damn day. So can we all agree that Friday rocks? Great. Moving on.  

13 has always been a lucky number for me so I've never really understood those folks out there that fear it. Just because our lives run on 12 doesn't mean that 13 is going to screw it all up. Getting a baker's dozen is always better than just a dozen. I certainly don't understand how triskaidekaphobia became so prevalent back in the day that society was cool with just ignoring the number altogether. Did that many couples really walk into a hotel and protest when they were given a room on the 13th floor that it was bad for business? "C'mon honey. We're going to another hotel. We can't have sex here. This place is EVIL." What a bunch of garbage. If I get into an elevator and there's no 13 button, I die a little inside.  

So YAY to you Friday the 13th. Congrats on being the calendar's perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter for optimists. You inspire hockey-masked villains to kill horny teenagers and you inspire biker chicks to doff their tops in Port Dover. That's down right impressive. I look forward to meeting up again in March and November.

No comments:

Post a Comment